Yoga is considered as the most effective way to alleviate the leg muscle pain and it improves flexibility, strength and even the blood circulation. Here are the five most important yoga asanas that indeed helps in treating the leg muscle pain:
- Downward facing dog also known as Adho Mukha Svanasana- This starts on your hands and knees with your hands shoulder width apart and also knees width apart which lifts up your hip towards the ceiling and form an inverted V shape by pressing your heels down towards the mat and keeping your body back straight. This pose stretches’ and even strengthens your calf muscles, hamstring and even the quadriceps.
- Standing forward bend also known as Uttanasana- It starts with standing with your feet hip width apart and exhale and ben forward at your hips by keeping your knees straight or even slightly bent by allowing your upper body to hand loose and even bring your hands to the floor or hold onto your ankle. This helps in stretching’s the hamstrings and the calves while also promoting the relaxation.
- Pigeon Pose also known as Eka Pada Rajakpotsana which starts in tabletop position and then bring your right knee forward by placing it behind your right wrist and extend your left leg straight behind you then square your hips and fold them forward over your right shin. this pose stretches the hip flexors, glutes and your outer thighs by helping relive tension in the legs.
- Bridge Pose also known as Setu Bandhasana, it starts with lying on your back with your knees which are bent and feet hip width apart which is close to your buttocks and press them through your feet and even lift the hips off the ground while keeping both your arms and shoulders on the mat then squeeze your glutes and engage your thighs. Also this pose helps the strengthening of the hamstrings, glutes and even the lower back while stretching the front of your thighs.
- Legs up the wall pose also known as Viparita Karani starts with sitting with your side against a wall, then swing your legs up the wall while you lie on your back and keep your buttocks close to the wall and rest your arms by your sides. Then relax in this pose and allow the blood to flow from your feet and legs thus this gentle inversion pose indeed helps in reducing swelling and improve the blood circulation in the legs.
Thus, Remember always listen to your body and consult with a yoga instructor or even healthcare profession even if you have any specific concerns or injuries which are related to your leg muscles. Regular and proper practice of these poses along with proper alignment and breathing can even provide relief from leg muscle pain all over the time.