Written by 2:24 pm Uncategorized Views: 0

Delhi – MCD school students fall sick Due to an alleged Gas Leak

MCD students

There was seen an alleged gas leak at MCD School in Nariana Delhi on 11th August Friday. According to the news report seen around 28 students of a municipal school in West Delhi Narain area were hospitalized on Friday. Two of them even required oxygen support after allegedly inhaling noxious fumes which followed a suspected gas leak incident nearby. According to the report given by the officials, the 19 affected students were admitted to RML Hospital and 9 were admitted to Acharya Bhikshu Hospital.

According to Shelly Oberoi the Delhi Mayor the students which included the two girls who were put on oxygen support in Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital are doing fine now. All the 9 students who were admitted at Acharya Bhikshuk Hospital are now discharged and the 19 students who were admitted at RML around 15 came out by 11:28 AM and four others came out after 3 PM.

Even though according to the railways they haven’t received any report of gas leaks from any station and even asserted that their wagons never transported any sort of toxic gas which could have posed any sort of health hazard to the public. 

According to the information given by the civic body, all the students who were admitted to the hospital by 11:28 are being discharged except one person who has some sort of pre-existing chronic gastric problem. Hence, 14 students are discharged and four of them are still being kept under observation. 

Amidst this a case has been registered under section 284 which is negligent conduct concerning the poisonous substance, section 336 which is of act endangering the life or personal safety of others and section 337 which is causing hurt by the act endangering life or personal safety of others.

Parents of some of the students alleged that the school authorities did not even inform them about such a massive incident and the children who became ill after this incident have experienced constant stomach aches and breathing difficulty because of the foul smell they inhaled.

According to the initial assessment made till now a foul smell filled the classrooms, being eaten, and the children started falling sick. Even though the class was evacuated as a precaution, the foul smell of the gas subsided. The claim has been made that the gas leak was seen leaked from a train which was passing the railway tracks nearby.

Thus, now the MCD officials have been directed to probe the incident and they are to find the cause as well as the source of a gas leak.

Visited 1 times, 1 visit(s) today