We all know how rest and sleep plays an important role in one’s well-being. One works day and night to earn a penny but one need to look upon it’s health more than yearning for more money. We always heard “health is wealth” then why to risk upon the health just for earning wealth right?
Here are some healthy sleep habits and ways to establish a restful routine for optimal well-being:
- Set a consistent sleep schedule: Always remember no matter how much work you have or left to do always stick to a consistent sleep schedule. If for you it’s 10 PM to bed then you have to be at bed every day at the same time because consistent sleep schedule leads to stress free mood and increases your efficiency for the next day.
- Always have regular bed time rituals: Having a hot water bath, massage, reading book or listening to music before bed helps one relieve stress and also increases their sleep rhythm. Your every pre sleep activity should be relaxing enough to compensate all the load of the day and the body should get accustomed to the sleep time.
- Get a regular exercise with a healthy diet: Always have a daily schedule of exercising 2-3 hours before sleep so that you get a peaceful night. Always keep a healthy diet as it helps to keep body fit and hydrated enough. A small snack before bedtime tend to promote sleep.
- Limit caffeine, nicotine and alcohol: These things always interfere with sleep and leads to restlessness. Alcohol is a sedative that slows the brain activity, it interferes with sleep during night. It even leads to nightmares.
- Use bedroom for sleep only- Never watch tv or eat food, don’t use electronics in be. Make sure the bedroom is dark, peaceful and quiet.
No one can live without sleep thus one need to adapt healthy sleepy habits and work towards establishing a restful routine in order to have an optimum well-being. It will ultimately lead to accomplish things with efficiency in life.